To perform a variety of non-sworn law enforcement duties. To attend a certified Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) police academy. Upon successful completion of the academy, trainees shall be appointed to probationary status as a Police Services Officer.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attends P.O.S.T. Certified basic academy, participating in and passing all required classes.
- Develops awareness and understanding of the functions and responsibilities of Police Officers.
- Participates in Academy training activities, which may include: including proper handling and firing of firearms, review of radio codes and applicable Penal Code sections, overview of the court system, writing and editing police reports, observing law enforcement activities such as maintenance of order, crime prevention and protection of citizens and property, review of rules, regulations and procedures, developing and maintaining a high level of physical fitness, learning and demonstrating competence in arrest and control technique and other California P.O.S.T. required subjects.
- Perform other non-sworn duties for the District Police Services Department, such as parking control, security, dispatching, dispatch and office duties.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
No experience required.
EDUCATION/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a high school diploma/GED or the equivalent.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4650144