BART Police Department is a progressive agency and has been on the forefront – and in some cases the model approach to training in the areas of fair and impartial policing, bias-based policing, crisis intervention, cultural competence training, and de-escalation training. The mission of the BART Police Department is to ensure a safe environment within our transit system, reduce crime through a highly visible police presence, and proactive enforcement of the law, and to promote public confidence by working in partnership with our stakeholders and the communities we serve.
Premium incentives include:
- POST Senior Officer Advanced Certificate
- Shift differential (7% swings, 9.5% graves)
- Educational incentive (3% AA, 7% BA/BS)
- Longevity Pay (at 10, 14, and 20 years of service)
- 3/12, 4/12 hybrid schedule. Most officers work either a 4/10 or 3/12, 4/12 hybrid schedule.
PERS Classic employees retain their classic status.
Additional benefits & incentives (not included in the premium incentive pay) include:
- Premier medical, dental, and vision benefits. Lifetime medical after 15 years of service; 50% after 10 years of service.
- Regular opportunities for double-time overtime pay
- FTO (5% extra pay), and K9 unit ($950/mo. extra pay)
- 9% EPMC conversion pay for final year of service (Classic employees)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation after the first year of service
- Free BART transportation for employees and dependents and an opportunity to work in multiple Bay Area counties and communities.
- Training that exceeds POST Standards
Other special assignments include Regional SWAT Team member, Detective, JTTF, Background investigator, Training Officer, Evidence Tech, CAP Team.
For more information, visit https://www.bart.gov/about/police or call our Personnel and Training Unit at (510) 464-7681.
BART is an Equal Opportunity employer.