A Detention Officer manages the intake of Department arrestees including booking, fingerprinting, and maintaining custody and control of arrested persons.
- 18+ with High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Get paid to learn and develop your skills while at the academy.
- Excellent benefits including Health and Dental plans available for Detention Officers and their family members/domestic partners.
- Paid vacations
- Independent Pension system that both the employee and City contribute.
- Promotional Opportunities to Senior and Principal Detention Officer and others.
- Additional compensation for bilingual positions.
- Additional compensation for night work.
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.joinlapd.com/detention-officer