Are you a highly regarded, experienced peace officer in California with a proven track record of success in law enforcement looking to lateral transfer? The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office is seeking self- motivated, law enforcement professionals to fill the position of Deputy Sheriff on patrol.
San Luis Obispo County is located on the Central Coast of California with over 3,600 square miles and a population of approximately 270,000. The county’s communities are scattered along the beaches, coastal hills, and mountains of the Santa Lucia range. The mission of the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office is to protect all life and property and to provide service, security, and safety to the community. Our vision is to be the most progressive and creative leaders within the law enforcement community, and ensure our County remains one of the safest places to live and visit.
- Advanced sick leave – up to 60 hours of sick leave for immediate use upon appointment
- Salary step appointment – placement up to top step, depending on experience
- POST Intermediate and Advanced certificate monthly allowance
- Uniform allowance – $1200 one-time and $75/monthly
- Safety equipment allowance – $1500 one-time
- Accelerated Vacation Accrual Rate – recognition for years of service with previous law enforcement agency when determining accelerated vacation accrual rate
- Bilingual Hiring Bonus – $3000 ($1500 upon hire and $1500 upon completion of 1-year probation
- Steps 1-6 salary range