The Town of Ross invites new officer candidates as well as career change opportunities for police officers seeking a different pace. Part-time, hourly Reserve Officer opportunities are also available. This is a perfect department for a mature officer or a new officer starting out in their career.
The Ross Police Department is a small agency located in Marin County, just north of San Francisco and 40 minutes south of Wine Country. The Police provide emergency services and community-oriented, quality of life enforcement for our 2,500 residents. The Town is popular with the bicycle and outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy the public open space in Town. The Town is a local destination for summer music and festivals. Ross has a private high school, a local public school, and a quaint downtown. The Department is supported by a community that appreciates their officers.
Ross Police Officers work a 3/12-hour shift, and effective July 1, 2022, have just received a 3.8% salary increase yearly from 2022 to 2025. A full-time position includes the following benefits:
- CalPERS 3% at 55 or 2.7% @ 57 (formula determined by CalPERS)
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan allowance up to Kaiser family rate; dental fully paid
- Nightshift differential pay of 5%
- Long-term disability, life insurance
- Educational incentives for 60 college units or Associate/Bachelor’s Degree, POST Intermediate or Advanced certificate pay
- 88 vacation hours accrued after 12 months of employment
- 11 paid and 1 floating holiday per year; 10 hours sick leave per month
- Uniform Allowance $1200 per year
For Part-time or Reserve Officer, hourly range is $44.33 – $51.32.
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit: https://www.townofross.org/hr/page/police-officer
This position is open until filled.