If you still love your job and want to work for a city where your department, the community, and your city officials still support and appreciate everything you do, then the Hemet Police Department is the place to be. We are seeking highly motivated, career and community-oriented Police Officer Laterals, Academy Enrolled and/or Academy Graduates to fill our current and anticipated vacancies in the department.
Tired of commuting back and forth to and from work, especially at the current gas rates these days?
The Hemet Police Department has a Vehicle Take Home Program:
- Every officer receives an assigned patrol vehicle. No more sharing or having to choose a different patrol car every shift.
- Officers are allowed to drive their assigned patrol car home.
- No more getting dressed or undressed at work. You can do that in the comfort of your own home and drive to work in your assigned patrol vehicle.
Some other premium benefits and incentives include:
- Classic CalPERS members 3% at 55
- City contributes $1,100 a month toward medical coverage
- 100% dental and vision coverage
- Bilingual pay at $225 per month
- Education (3% and 5%, for a cumulative of 8% total in additional pay)
- $2,000 educational reimbursement per calendar year
- Longevity Pay
- 10 years = $500 a month
- 15 years = $400 a month
- Total of $900 a month for those with 15 years of law enforcement experience
- City matches dollar for dollar up to $125 a month for the officers deferred compensation plan (457 plan)
- Up to $100,000 life insurance coverage
- Department has its own Firearms Training Center
- Many collateral duties and special assignments also available