The City of Culver City is accepting online applications for Police Recruit for the Police Department.
• High School graduation or equivalent.
• Must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
• Applicants must be at least 20 1/2 years of age when the eligible list is established.
• Possession of a valid California Class “C” driver license is required at time of appointment (hire).
• A felony conviction is disqualifying.
Police Recruit: Must meet the above minimum requirements.
Police Officer Recruit (Pre-Service/Academy Grad): Must meet the above minimum requirements, PLUS the following:
• Academy attendee must be currently enrolled in a California POST Basic Academy (Documentation from the academy verifying current enrollment must be submitted with application) OR
• Academy graduate must have completed a California POST Basic Academy within twelve (12) months of application filing deadline date (Copy of a California POST Basic Academy completion certificate must be submitted with application).
Conditions of Employment:
Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
• Pre-placement medical evaluation including drug screen (select positions).
• Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (all positions).
• E-Verify: Proof of U.S. citizenship, alien residency or authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at time of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete an online Culver City application at http://www.culvercity.org/jobs by 5:00 p.m, Thursday, December 2, 2021.