The California Department of Parks and Recreation is now accepting applications for the 2022 State Park Peace Officer (SPPO) Cadet Academy.
Help us protect California’s precious resources and keep our visitors safe. Become a Ranger or Lifeguard in the nation’s largest state park system. Career opportunities available throughout the entire state.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
Key salary and retirement highlights:
- SPPO Cadets earn $3,741-$5,045 per month in the academy. After graduating, Rangers or Lifeguards can earn up to $6,977 plus benefits, retirement, and differentials.
- California State Parks offers diverse opportunities for patrols, including K-9, off-highway vehicle, beach, boat and others.
We are excited for the opportunity to reach potential candidates who are reflective of California’s diverse population. For more information on our academy and minimum requirements, please visit us at www.LiveTheParksLife.com.
MiraCosta College in North San Diego County, California, is recruiting for a full-time, interim Chief of Police.
For full details and to apply, please go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2402.
The City of Coronado is seeking to hire Police Officers (Lateral/Academy Graduates) and establish an eligibility list for future vacancies. Coronado is known as a popular tourist destination with a diverse population and military presence. The City offers excellent benefits and a strong relationship of mutual trust between the agency and the community. Please visit the website at www.coronado.ca.us to apply and learn more about the position.
SENATE SERGEANT AT ARMS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
The responsibility of the Senate Sergeant at Arms is to ensure the safety and security of Senators, their families, legislative staff, designated foreign delegations, and the public.
Submit Senate Application, Resume & Cover Letter to:
State Capitol, Room 3030
Sacramento, CA 95814
Direct link to download job application: https://www.senate.ca.gov/senatejobs
The Town of Truckee is located in Nevada County, California. The Town is located 12 miles north of Lake Tahoe and is close to the metropolitan areas of Reno and Sacramento. Truckee is a true mountain resort community at the top of the Sierra Nevada Mountains that sits at the base of several world-class ski resorts and hosts an abundance of year-round outdoor activities.
Truckee Police Department, established in 2001, has 25 sworn officers that include patrol, detectives, and a School Resource Officer. Collateral assignments include FTO, dive team, seasonal boat patrol, and a host of instructor positions.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our organization who will be committed to our culture and community engagement.
See all the details at https://www.townoftruckee.com/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/2333/277
Explore our website; chat with some of our officers; come up for a ride along. See if you’re the right fit for the Truckee Police Department and if the Truckee Police Department is the right fit for you.
Open until filled.
Recruitment Number VA1367
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) academy and Basic Course Certificate.
- Three or more years of active law enforcement experience is also required.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1367-Position-Description
To view the job posting and apply, please visit: https://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/6302
Review of Applications
April 9, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. or Open Until Filled
- CalPERS retirement formula of 2.0% @ 55 for classic members or 2.0% @ 57 for new members subject to the California Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act of 2013.
- PERS – Employee pays employee contribution.
- Member of Social Security with Employee paying employee portion.
- 80 hours Vacation Leave per year, increasing after year 3.
- 96 hours Sick Leave per year.
- 12 paid holidays.
- Medical/Dental Plans (Employee pays 10% of premiums).
- Education incentive for P.O.S.T. Certificates from 2.5% to 5% of base salary.
- Bilingual differential 5% of base salary upon successful completion of testing.
- Graveyard differential pay at 4% of base salary.
Apply Online: https://www.ci.calistoga.ca.us/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/169/735
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit the City’s website at: http://www.southpasadenaca.gov/employment
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 15, 2021 by 12:00 a.m.
Interested candidates must apply on-line.
Visit our website at www.agpd.org for application and additional details.
Accepting applications until position(s) filled.