Excellent opportunity for Retired Peace Officers to utilize their leadership and team-building experience for community policing as part of Village Management Services’ (VMS) Security Division.
The Security Supervisor engages the public and promotes security and traffic safety throughout the 18,000-resident, private community of Laguna Woods Village in South Orange County. The Security Supervisor operates on a rotating schedule, working weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays.
VMS provides professional management services to the community of Laguna Woods Village, the largest Southern California independent-living community for people 55 and older. The Village is built on 2,100 acres, features 12,736 homes and is home to about 18,000 residents. Managing Laguna Woods Village is similar to managing a city. VMS’ approximately 1,000 employees provide a wide variety of services to Village residents and maintain the community infrastructure.
• Supervises personnel, including Gate Ambassadors, Security Patrol Officers, Traffic Specialists, Dispatchers, and other Security personnel on duty.
• Provides active and continuous engagement in activities and personnel through continuous training, testing, coaching and counseling on work performance.
• Trains Security Patrol Officers on the documentation of minor incidents, crimes, violations of Community rules and regulations and other calls for service.
• Responds to and documents reports of serious incidents.
• Coordinates field search and emergency activities.
• Patrols the community and enforces regulations.
• Plans and implements new safety policies and procedures.
• Evaluates operational processes, equipment and installations to identify physical security and efficiency improvements.
• Responds to reports of serious crime situations involving a law enforcement response in the community, employee or resident complaints involving division or other agency employees.
• Possess a valid CA Driver’s License.
• Possess or have ability to obtain CA BSIS guard card.
Apply at www.lagunawoodsvillage.com/careers
VMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.