Officers work 12-hour shifts as part of a Team concept. Officers can serve in patrol, traffic, investigations, and K-9 assignments. Other opportunities include Regional SWAT, Mobile Field Force, 10851 Task Force, CSI, Regional Major Accident Investigation and Enforcement Team, FTO, and Firearms and Force Options Teams.
The City offers an incentive of up $5,000 for lateral hires. Specialty assignments may add an additional 5% pay. Night shifts include 2.5% additional pay.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment, meet the physical requirements set in the California P.O.S.T. screening manual. Must have passed (within the last 12 months) or be able to pass the P.O.S.T. Basic Entry Level written exam with a minimum T-Score of 48.
- Entry Level Candidates – High school diploma and 60 units of college-level course work.
- Academy Graduates (no sworn experience) – High school diploma and a minimum of 45 units of college-level course work in addition to graduation from a P.O.S.T. basic academy.
- Lateral Candidates (sworn experience) – High school diploma and have completed 30 units of college-level course work and 1.5 years of service in another agency.
- Medical: Kaiser or Blue Shield. Employee pays 20% of medical premium or may have $400/month redirected to deferred compensation in-lieu of coverage
- Vision and Dental: City paid for employee and dependents
- Retirement – CalPERS enrollment for new members 2.7% @ 57 (PEPRA New Member); 3% @ 55 (Classic)
- ICMA Deferred Compensation & Roth IRA Plans: Voluntary plans available
- ICMA Retiree Health Savings Plan: City contributes $100.45 per month
- Holidays: 13 paid holidays/year
- Vacation: 12 days/year, increasing with service
- Sick Leave: 12 days/year
- Life Insurance/Long Term Disability: City paid
- Medicare: Employees contribute 1.45% to Medicare with employer match
- Section 125 Plan: Dependent care and out-of-pocket medical costs may be paid on a pre-tax basis
- Educational Degree Incentive: Intermediate POST Certificate 1.25%, Bachelor’s Degree 5%, MA/MS Degree 7.5%
- Master Officer/Corporal/Sergeant Program: 5% Pay Differential
- Bilingual Pay: $75 / month
- Uniform Allowance: $1,148 per year, adjusted annually per CPI
- Special Compensation: 2.5% Shift Differential Pay; 5% Detective Premium Pay; Acting Pay rate included in Overtime Rate
To download an application or view the brochure for this position, visit our website at: www.ci.pleasant-hill.ca.us/jobs.aspx or call (925) 671-5293.